Do you have a passion for creating innovative web experiences? Are you motivated by beautiful typography, whiz-bang animations, edgy design, or a seamless user experience? If so, we’re looking for you!
A note regarding this remote position
You must be a US citizen. While this position is remote, we prefer applicants in the Southern New England area of the Northeast US as our team is primarily in that location and we do meet up from time to time. Special considerations may be made depending on the applicant.
This is a full-time remote position. Freelancers and contractors will not be considered.
Linchpin is seeking a creative, passionate Web Designer to join our team. This highly motivated individual should have the experience and skills necessary to create innovative, responsive web solutions for our vast array of clientele. They should excel in a collaborative team environment and be comfortable presenting to internal teams and clients. Applicants should have a deep understanding of user interface, user experience, and responsive web design concepts, with the ability to interpret high-level ideas and requirements, translating them into forward-thinking designs and interactions.
Linchpin is a digital agency that thrives on a collaborative approach, with a strong belief in self-motivation and growth. We are a group of hard-working designers and developers, dreamers and engineers, planners and problem solvers. The Linchpin team is dedicated to crafting memorable websites to help our partners grow. Our small but nimble team allows everyone to have the opportunity to make a significant impact with a deep commitment to our clients’ and our long-term success.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years of experience as a digital creative professional, creating responsive web design solutions.
- Strong creative passion and enthusiasm for visual strategy with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Understanding of information architecture and ability to restructure a website’s site map for improved usability.
- Knowledge of user experience best practices across devices.
- Proficient in Adobe’s Creative Suite and/or modern tools such as Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Eager to learn new tools or practices.
- Ability to provide feedback and receive critique from design team members and clients.
- Strong organization, time management, communication skills, and work ethic that promotes self management.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team as an adaptable team player.
- Work closely with our Creative Director, Project Manager, Development Team to understand project scope and requirements.
- Execute all phases of our design process from a project’s inception through to the launch phase, with roles including content strategy/content auditing, information architecture, wireframing, visual strategy, user experience, asset production, and quality assurance.
- Collaborate with the design and development teams, as well as our copywriters, using an iterative agile process to deliver a successful solution that effectively achieves the project’s goals and requirements within budget and on time.
- Conceptualize and create thought-provoking, visually stimulating original designs that push boundaries and explore exciting visual solutions, while reinforcing a streamlined user experience.
- Clearly communicate the ideas and concepts that inform your design decisions to internal teams and clients. Validate design decisions with research and data as needed, while incorporating design direction and feedback from peers and stakeholders.
- Efficiently manage and track time, while working on multiple projects at a given time in a deadline-driven environment.
- Help continue to promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Remain up to date with current, relevant knowledge of design trends, techniques, and technologies.
Great to Have…
- Experience working with or designing for WordPress in mind.
- Ability to write basic semantic HTML/CSS (if you know SASS, even better!)
- Experience in optimizing visual assets for web production, such as creating icon fonts and exporting imagery.
- Experience using InVision moodboards and prototypes to present work and demonstrate usability.
- Experience implementing a component-based design approach within design and delivery processes.
Applicants will only be considered with at least 4+ years of professional web design experience and a portfolio of original designs to share. Portfolio examples should demonstrate your knowledge of user experience and portray a strong creative ability.
Know someone who might be a good fit for this position? Please share this position with them!