Lead WordPress/PHP Developer
Linchpin is looking for a Lead PHP Developer to join our team. The engineer will help with both internal and client-facing WordPress projects. Candidates must have an advanced PHP development skillset with experience working on team-based projects. This is an opportunity to lead by example while helping to nurture and develop a culture that believes in self-motivation and growth.
Candidates should possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work individually, as well as within a team. Personal responsibility and time management skills are paramount in order for the candidate to be successful in this role.
This is a fully remote position.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Comprehensive PHP knowledge
- Proven work experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP), and Git.
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP practices (autoloading, dependency management, OOP, MVC, etc.)
- Ability to code WordPress plugins and themes utilizing WordPress and industry best practices.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- Develop new features, plugins, and advanced theme components within WordPress.
- Develop tools for internal use by Linchpin.
- Understand and implement security measures and understand WordPress security best practices.
- Ability to plan, conceptualize, and deliver projects (planning, estimating, developing, collaborating, testing, and QA) with other team members.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs with performance and security in mind.
- CSS preprocessors (Sass or PostCSS)
- Responsive Frameworks (Foundation, Bulma, etc)
- React knowledge is fun, but not needed
- 3rd party APIs
- AWS or other Cloud Computing platforms
- Writing and creating tests
- Continuous Integration and Deployment practices
- Creating WordPress Blocks
If you feel as though this is the right fit for you please apply with your resume and at least 3 links to work examples, if you can please include an open-sourced project you have contributed to.
Know someone who might be a good fit for this position? Please share this position with them!